Invisalign for Adults
Smile More. Laugh More. With Brighter Smiles for Adults.
There are many reasons that adults turn to Invisalign instead of braces these days, so of these reasons include:
- Invisalign appointments are not as often, compared to traditional braces appointments. There is no need to for adjustments, we will send you home with 4-5 sets of aligners each time you visit for a checkup. It is about 8 weeks before you would need to see your dentist for an Invisalign appointment.
- Aligners are clear and virtually non-visible, no one needs to know you’re straightening your teeth since they won’t see them.
- Invisalign allows you to eat the foods you love. There are no dietary restrictions.
- Invisalign aligners are custom made for your smile and the treatment is dependent on your schedule.
- Comfort and Convenience. Invisalign aligners are smooth and comfortable to wear. If you have an event coming up you can take your Invisalign aligners out for the night and put them back in when you get home.
What is The Invisalign Advantage?
- Appearance. Metal braces can cause the appearance of your smile to be unattractive, because of the metal brackets and wires. They are very noticeable, you can get items like food caught in them without even knowing, and cause bad breath. Invisalign clear braces are barely noticeable, and look like the person isn’t even wearing them.
- Comfort. Braces are cemented to the front of the tooth and remain in place until they are professionally removed. When your teeth start to move closer the wires can then stick into your cheeks, until the wires are changed and tightened. Invisalign clear braces are removable!
- Safety. Metal braces contain wires that can puncture and scratch the inside of your mouth and gums. Invisalign clear braces are smooth and comfortable. Invisalign reduces the damage that is normally caused by wearing braces. Braces can also cause, gum swelling, gum disease or even cavities. Invisalign allows you to remove your clear braces to properly take care of your teeth when brushing and flossing.
- Duration of Treatment. Metal braces could be a treatment that takes a maximum of 5 years depending on the correction to your teeth to straighten them. Invisalign clear braces can take a maximum of a year and a half to correct your smile.
- Knowing What to Expect. With Invisalign, the dentist will perform treatment planning that is fully computerized before the treatment is started. Therefore, you will know exactly what to expect and how long the process will be. Metal braces are trial and error and can take longer than originally expected.
The ‘Clear’ Alternative to Adult Braces
Invisalign clear aligners are made out of a plastic that is virtually invisible. Using Invisalign clear aligners means that you don’t have to feel self-conscious about how you look.
Comfortable. Convenient. Easy.
Invisalign is smooth, and the aligners are comfortable to wear. There are no annoying or irritations brackets and wires, meaning that you have no dietary restrictions, and you won’t have to change your eating habits.
Maintain Oral Hygiene
Invisalign allows you to take care of your teeth properly by being able to floss and brush like you would normally without going through the treatment. Due to this advantage you can take full control, and maintain your oral health during the treatment.
Is an Allergic Reaction to Invisalign Possible?
Yes, but an allergic reaction is extremely unlikely to happen. Invisalign is called a trigger for an allergic reaction for the unlucky few people in the population that would experience issues. The issue has to do with saliva, and that the person’s mouth doesn’t produce enough moisture. Due to this Invisalign can be a source of irritations. Another struggle with the plastic used for Invisalign and the plastic alone is what a person is allergic to, which is very rare.
How Does a Person Test for the Allergy to Invisalign?
When you are thinking about using Invisalign as the product to move forward with to straighten your teeth, you should consult with your dentist first to see if Invisalign is meant for you. If you’re scared about a plastic allergy, alert your dentist so they can take the proper steps before starting the treatment.
The Dentist will ask you to attach a small piece of the plastic used, to your skin for a few days and if your skin shows any sign of irritation other steps to straightening your teeth should be considered.
Want to Learn More About Invisalign For Adults?
Contact our celebrity New York Dentist today for a consultation, to see if you qualify for Invisalign today!
Glassman Dental Care
160 West End Ave, #1R,
New York, NY 10023